B.A. Lewis & Clark CollegeSeptember 2011 - May 2015
Major: Mathematics & Computer Science
- Recipient of Lewis & Clark Endowed Scholarship (4 Years)
- Published research as an undergraduate
- Concentration in analysis, parallelism and security
Software EngineerOctober 2018 - Current
Fighting fraud online! Currently working on a new iteration of our rules engine. Writing in Go.
- Using Go
- Rules Engine Development
Contracted DeveloperOctober 2017 - Current
Currently finsihing contract for past agency, automation of data collection and display.
- Custom parallel data collection framework in Python/MySQL
- Automation of data validity
- Analysis & Reporting
Quantitative Analyst Group EngineerJanuary 2017 - October 2017
I worked closely with analysts to find data that was useful to their financial models. I discovered application endpoints, then wrote scripts to collect data at a high frequency and scale. I also managed two teams of offshore QA/Development engineers.
- .Net Stack
- Microsoft SQL Server
- QA Automation
Full-Stack DeveloperMay 2016 - December 2016
I was on the project and maintenance teams here. I assisted with the bugs, and worked on a couple of standalone projects: including an equipment filter, a file uploader, and using RocketShipIt to manage shipping for one of our clients.
- PHP website development with the Expression Engine CMS
- Git Version Control
- Jira Task Management
Back-End Web Developer (Contract)December 2015 - April 2016
I was in charge of all the backend development needs for DHX Advertising. I managed over 60 websites. I was brought on primarily to make a product configurator for one of their clients. This configurator is fully editable, and generates a quote based on the customer's selections. The quote can be downloaded by the customer, or viewed and edited by the applicable dealer. It is made in ruby's sinatra framework, uses AJAX and jQuery for user interface and functionality.
Software EngineerJanuary 2015 - October 2015
I was in control of a system of distributed workers, in a PHP/MySQL environment.
- Android and iOS reverse engineering
- API testing
- PHP and MySQL for large data
- Excel reporting
- Bash and PHP for the Automation of reports
- Made a GeoSpider for gathering location based data
- Redis distributed worker management
- Nagios Service Monitoring
- Mercurial version control with a team
A coffee delivery service that I co-founded during Portland Startup Weekend. We created a web platform to facilitate the delivery of coffee via bike to coffee lovers in Portland. We sold 20 cups of coffee in our first 24 hours, and we won best customer validation and 2nd place overall in the competition.
- 2nd place in a startup competition (12 teams)
- Created a location-based user experience using Google Geocoding API
- Built using: Sinatra, Active Record, Ruby
- Helped pitch the concept to hundreds of people
Web Content ManagerOctober 2011 - April 2014
I worked in the office of Public Affairs and Communications, managing and migrating content for lclark.edu. This was my first professional exposure to HTML, CSS, and PHP.
- Tested a search engine
- Migrated content from old Lewis & Clark Chronicle issues
- Content Management System Experience
Research AssistantSummer 2013
Worked with professor Jens Mache at Lewis & Clark College researching the best methods for teching parallel computing.
- Published at WORLDCOMP world congress in computer science, Las Vegas.
- Developed and presented a module for functional parallel programming in Haskell.
- Active Record
- Git / Mercurial